Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scooby Doo Cookies


Finding common ground when it comes to movies and television shows has never been easy in our family.  We all have diversely different tastes.  Sure, when the girls were really little my husband and I happily cuddled up and watched Franklin or Sesame Street with them.  But as they got older, the shows got sappier and way too girly.  However, a couple of years ago we found common ground in Scooby Doo and for a number of months we spent Friday nights together on the couch watching Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne (aka "those meddling kids") solving mysteries.  For my husband it was a trip back to his childhood, for the girls it was about the silliness and for me it was just nice to spend time together.  Recently I got a phone call from a gentleman in Florida.  He was looking to send a gift to his friend and his friend's nephew in Toronto.  Originally the plan was for Maple Leaf hockey jerseys, but for a number of reasons plans changed and instead we decided on a Scooby Doo set.  I was more than thrilled to comply and love how they turned out!!  What is your favourite childhood cartoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment